Free Media Productions
Units of Production Facility
The production facility is composed of the following units, which functions in concert with each other for the development, marketing and sales of products developed at the production facility.
- Creative unit
- Marketing unit
- HD Production Studio
- Training facility with studio and EFP
- Postproduction Unit
- Video conferencing and seminar setup
- Web broadcast for audio/video streams and FM radio trials
The facility is developed with the objective of establishing channels for dissemination of an alternative point of view locally and internationally.
Itís a self sufficient unit capable of strategizing and development of independent productions ranging from feature level productions to weekly and daily content generation for consumption at the local (regional and national) and international level. The productions will be either sold to local/international TV broadcast channels, and or will be aired by Free Media Productions through local TV channels on airtime leased for the purpose.
In addition to production of software for sale, or for airing through third party facilities, Free Media Productions is developing a unit for web-broadcast of its products. This unit will eventually broadcast original software on a daily 8hour cyclic rotation to local/international audiences on the Internet. The production facility is composed of multiple units covering creative, marketing, production, video conferencing and broadcast.
The creative unit develops program concepts and strategy, and commission writers, producers etc.
The production unit develops the software for local/regional consumption, commissioned work and secondary international market. It also produces high production value software for the primary international market.
The Marketing Unit will be responsible for marketing and sales of the products developed at Free Media Productions. Approach to marketing will be hybrid; the products will either be marketed by the Marketing Unit or through third party intermediaries.
The Video conferencing Unit will be used to establish regular cross-border communication channels between Pakistan and Afghanistan, and between Pakistan and India. Web Broadcast unit is a stepping-stone towards developing independent FM radio channel and a Video News Service. It will be unitized to broadcast programming to a worldwide audience.
Learning / Training support for SAMS. Another aspect of the initiative is to sensitize media professionals and upgrade their software development skills, for this purpose the production facility will support SAMS operations through its human and material resources. One of the two studios developed for FMF operations will double as a training studio for SAMS. Similarly one of the two Electronic Field Production units will facilitate connections for education grade equipment[i]. Also, FMP staff will utilize their production experience to enhance the teaching courses at SAMS and also contribute to curriculum development.
Self-sustainability and income generation. Operational methodology of Free Media Productions is geared towards mass dissemination and generation of income to support its operations. All of the products developed at FMF will have a commercial component. Income will be generated through:
- Seeking sponsorships for airing and covering production costs of software aired on local / regional TV channels.
- Sale of software to local as well as international media outlets.
- Execution of commissioned work for clients local / international.
- Rental of facilities to other production houses or producers.
a news and views web portal
- > 16-Sep-2011 - Freedom of Media in Current Political Scenario
- > 10-Sep-2011 - Book launch: Sab Laal-o-Guhar by Fehmida Riaz
- > 27-Aug-2011 - SAFMA Central Secretariat's clarification on a TV Show by Dr Shahid at Express TV
- > 24-Aug-2011 - SAFMA sends defamation notice to TV channel
- > 18-Aug-2011 - 51 senior journalists condemn slander against SAFMA
- > 13-Aug-2011 - Pakistan, India should develop common interests